Sunday, November 11, 2007

Is it time yet?

Ok, so it's hard for me to focus on what is going on right now at times when I have Zambia to look farward to. I have so much to do before the middle of December, but all I really want to do is just relax and take in everything slowly. I can't remember the last time I was able to take a deep breath and relax.

Come December 14th I will be officially finished with college. Sure college has been a good experience, but it is definitely time to move on. What I wouldn't give to be done with student teaching right now. I like the kids individually, but when they're all together, they're a total handful. Earlier last week, a kid chucked an eraser at me while I was teaching. Just one week before Thanksgiving break and then three after that. That sounds possible to accomplish.

For the first time this weekend, I felt like I could actually tell people about what I'll be doing with Peace Corps. I got my invitation several weeks ago, but I didn't feel until now like I could say what I would be doing. I got a link to the Zambia welcome book after I sent in my aspiration statement and resume, so that might have helped a little. It feels good though to be able to say what I'll be doing for two years after not even knowing where I'd be going for so long, and having people constantly asking me if I knew yet.

So that's all I'm thinking now. Is it time yet? I'm ready to bring on the adventure!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Lol. Beware the flying erasers!
Phil, I saw your note on my blog. Nice to meet you too.
If you get a chance, send me your email. February is going to be here soon and we have so much to do! Aaah!

Cheers,
Eric

eric.hastie@gmail.com