Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Time

When I found out that I wasn't leaving for Zambia until February, I didn't know if I felt good about that or not. I had been expecting January the whole time, but now I am really happy that I have a little bit more time. It has been well over a year since I've been able to just sit back and relax from everything, and since then, I've constantly run on a lack of sleep. Yesterday, I went on a field trip with my fifth and sixth graders to a Junior Achievement mini economy type thing, and it was fun and everything, but I felt absolutely worn out afterwards. I was supposed to go to work afterwards, but instead I went back home intending to just lay down for a few minutes. Yeah...that few minutes turned into a couple hours. I had my phone next to me and it rang a couple times, but I didn't hear it.

So...so far my plan after December 14th is to relax for the rest of December. Get as much sleep as I can. January, I plan to do a little traveling. I have a few friends in England who I'd like to see before I head to Zambia. Then February, I think I'll stay around home to be with family and friends who are near me. Right now, it kind of sounds like a long time, but I'm sure it will go by really fast.

No comments: